2/25/2005

so I thought this was a pretty interesting article on the homogenization of the South, from the Christian Science Monitor. It makes me think, since I suppose I consider myself a Southerner, but I don't really agree with most things that southern people do, like being religious, conservative, etc, but I do get mad when people make fun of Southerners. I'm beginning to think that the Confederate battle flag and monuments to Confederate generals aren't so bad. They're just part of southern history and I don't really think they symbolize racism. I don't see them like that, at least, and I bet there are just as many racist people in the North as in the South. And anyway, history is one of the few things southerners have that makes up their identity. That and they call all soft drinks "Coke."

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram