2/18/2005

so here's my updated list of concerts I might want to go to, mostly so I don't forget. I hear the brain can only remember seven things at once, and six of those are beers.

Sat Feb 19 - Mary Timony, Panoply Academy, Horses, Edie Sedgwick 9:00 Warehouse Next Door
I hear Mary Timony is good from various friends.

TUE. FEB. 22 - Le Tigre w/ Lesbians on Ecstasy & Measles Mumps Rubella 930 Club $15.00
Le Tigre is cool, dunno lesbians, and I know a guy in MMR, who are a pretty kooky art-rock ish band.

THUR FEB 24- TEENBEAT 20th anniversary featuring UNREST(reunion), EGGS (reunion), +/- (PLUS MINUS), TRUE LOVE ALWAYS, THE FONTAINE TOUPS, JONNY COHEN $12 Black Cat mainstage 8:00
Lots of bands, what I have heard was good.

FRI FEB 25- TEENBEAT 20th anniversary featuring TUSCADERO (reunion), VERSUS (reunion), FLIN FLON, ADEN, HOT PURSUIT, HOLLAND $12 Black Cat mainstage 9:00
Ditto.

TUES MAR 1- RACHEL’S, IDA $13 Black Cat mainstage 9:00
Used to listen to Rachel's at work, they're slow and almost like a chamber quartet or whatever, and I've heard of Ida somewhere.

FRI MAR 4- Moving Units, Secret Machines, Autolux. 9:30 Club $15.
Moving Units are really cool, catchy, 80's-ish indie rock that moves my feet immediately. I've heard Secret Machines are good as well.

SAT MAR 5- AMBULANCE LTD, VHS OR BETA, ROBBERS ON HIGH STREET $12 Black Cat mainstage 9:30
This is going to be a great show. Ambulance Ltd put on a very good show, I really like what I've heard of Robbers on High Street, and I have heard good things about VHS or Beta. I prefer DVD though.

WED MAR 9- Electric Eel Shock, Band of Theives- Velvet Lounge
Electric Eel Shock is a crazy Japanese band, should be fun

THUR MAR 10- ASH, THE BRAVERY $13 Black Cat mainstage 8:30
Also awesome show, Ash is catchy loud rock stuff, sort of like more muscular Weezer. I have heard good stuff about the Bravery, their show was cancelled and added to this one. cool.

FRI MAR 11 - Hot Hot Heat, 9:30 Club
Again, catchy loud rock, but more dance-y.

SAT MAR 12 Rockbot, Magnapop, Five Four- Velvet Lounge
Magnapop is a good rock band, dunno the rest

MON. MAR. 21 The Soundtrack of Our Lives w/ The Dears $15.00 930 Club
Don't know Soundtrack of Our Lives very much, but the songs on the website are good. The Dears are really good, saw them in Philly awhile ago.

Fri Mar 25 - Enon 9:00, Warehouse Next Door
Heard a few songs, pretty interesting experimental indie rock.

SAT. MAR. 26 Fatboy Slim Late Show! 11:30pm Doors $35.00 930 Club
I like Fatboy Slim, but that's expensive.

THUR MAR 31- RADIO 4, SUPERSYSTEM (formerly El Guapo) $10 mainstage 8:30
Heard a few Radio 4 songs, kind of Rapture-y, and El Guapo is good. Wonder why they changed their name?

THU MAR 31- Dogs Die in Hot Cars & Phoenix w/ Long-View $15.00 930 Club.
Same day as Radio 4 and Supersystem, hmm. I've seen Dogs Die.. before and they were decent, and I've heard a few Phoenix songs. I guess I'm leaning towards the other show.

MON APR 4- OUTRAGEOUS CHERRY, THE WITCHES $7 backstage 9:00
Heard a couple Outrageous Cherry songs, kind of interesting. Cheap!

THUR APR 7- …AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD $14 mainstage 8:30 Black Cat
What I have heard of them I've liked. Kind of shoe-gazery rock

FRI APR 8- The Fiery Furnaces $15.00 9:30 Club.
Pretty kooky indie stuff, I bet they'd be fun.

SAT APR 9- BLOC PARTY, THE PONYS $12 mainstage 9:30 Black Cat
Bloc Party is getting a lot of buzz. Have to listen to them some more I guess.

SUN APR 10- OK GO $12 mainstage 8:30 Black Cat
OK GO is poppy, catchy rock. Last time I went to see them it was sold out. Doh.

FRI APR 15- M83, ULRICH SCHNAUSS $12 mainstage 9:30 Black Cat
I hear M83 is cool. French techno I believe.

WED APR 27- Q AND NOT U $10 mainstage 8:30 Black Cat
Saw them in Baltimore, dance-rock or whatever, synth-pop, something like that.

SUN MAY 1- THE WEDDING PRESENT $15 mainstage 8:30 Black Cat
Have heard good things

THUR MAY 5- THE WONDER STUFF $15 mainstage 8:30 Black Cat
Ditto.

SAT MAY 28- THE RAVEONETTES, AUTOLUX, THE PEELS $12 mainstage 9:30 Black Cat
Raveonettes are a duo of Swedes with a guitar and drums, noisy garage rock. I like, especially "That Great Love Sound," if you can find it online somewhere. Autolux was in Spin last month.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram