3/30/2005

so today is the official first day of short-sleeve shirt weather, which is pretty cool. It's official according to me, and I think it should be a national holiday or something. Maybe I'll start doing a cookout the weekend of the first day of short-sleeve shirt weather.

In other news, here are some miscellaneous things I've been reading lately:

Howard Kurtz of the Post has a big thing about Republicans turning on Tom Delay. I didn't know they removed the ethics committee chairman after he found Delay guilty of three violations.

And Yahoo has an interesting piece (from Business Week, a magazine I guess) about the attempted assassination of a Russian government energy official. Crazy stuff. And pretty messed up that assassination is still pretty common over there (like the poisoning of the Ukraine opposition leader). I guess that happens lots of places, but it's an interesting article anyway.

You can listen to Hot Hot Heat's new album at MTV.com (found on stereogum)

Also from Stereogum, a NY Post article about those "Best Week Ever"/"I Love the 80s"/"Awesomely Bad Videos" shows - apparently they're faked, they'll give the people lines to read and prod them to say certain things. That sucks. I had a sneaking suspicion though, especially since I'll be watching with my two roommates and the people on the show will be going on and on about somebody and we all say "who are they talking about? I've never heard of them." But I'm getting sick of all these reality shows that are scripted and stuff. I mean, put weirdos together and let shit happen, I think otherwise there should be a disclaimer or something. I mean, I heard that they kept Omarosa on "the Apprentice" for much longer than Donald Trump wanted to because she could be the "villain." And there were tons of rumors about "Survivor" being manipulated by network types. It sucks. I'm going to boycott those shows, except for the Real World, of course.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram