3/24/2005

so if I never saw another picture of Terry Schiavo, it'd be too soon. I'm so sick of that story, and they always show the same picture. I mean, I guess it's good this is on the news, or else we'd have to see more housefires and car wrecks.

Honestly though, I don't understand why local news shows these things. If something happens every day, even if it sucks, it's not news. Cars crash every day. Houses catch fire every day. That sucks, but what does that tell me about the world? Sure, they have to fill their shows, but there is tons of other news from around the world they could do, or even around the city. What happened at City Council today? What are local residents up in arms about? What happened on Capitol Hill? What about new restaurants or bars or concerts or theatre stuff? Or more local sports even. Or you know, something crazy, like a debate of something the mayor did. If you're just going to have car crashes and fires, you might as well have puppets or this guy do the news.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram