3/25/2005

so this is some of the craziest shit I've ever seen: it's a video of some hairy dudes playing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" with a guitar and some various kitchen implements. Hilarious and bizarre. (A guy posted it at www.gwhoops.com). It looks like it's from some TV show, but unfortunately I have no idea who or what it is, since I can't read Icelandic.

UPDATE:
After wondering around the internet a bit, I found some more info on the band. Apparently they're called Hurra Torpedo and have some records out. They also appear to be Scandanavian, as their record label is Norwegian and that site above is Icelandic (although technically Iceland isn't in Scandanavia).

Their record label (I guess) has a bit of info on them.

Here's what appears to be a discography.

And a metric ton of photos of the band in concert. Man, I'd like to see that show. Most of the photos appear to be from the 90s. And they aren't on Amazon and I don't have any Scandanavian pals to translate this site for me.

And elsewhere on the internet, they appear to be playing a show in July of this year in Kristianstad, Norway. They also apparently once had a couple on stage having sex during their show. This link has photos (!) so it's obviously not work safe. I'll have to read that article at home.

I found a Norwegian-English translator online, but it spits out a bunch of nonsense. Although apparently Hurra means "whoopee!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are starting their US tour this days, mabye they will play in your town. I have seen them serveral times. Is's a blast!!!

Another thread discussing this band.
http://mmeiser.com/blog/2005/03/hurra-torpedo-total-eclipse-of-heart.html

Andrew W said...

nice! hope I can see them!

Andrew W said...

as for it not being the same band, you're right, it looks like it's The Cumshots. but as for Ford, what the hell are you talking about?

Andrew W said...

that's weird. thanks for the comments though, i am now informed.

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Being norwegian and all, I kinda know a little bit about these guys (they´re Norwegian if you still wondered...)

First of all, it sertainly didn´t start as a ford campaign, and I´ve never really heard of any such campaign either.. ;)

But if it´s a real band? Well, they have albums and they tour and shit, but they´re all comedians - so if it´s "real"? I don´t know... :) But it sure is cool!

The band with the couple having sex on stage was The cumshots (!) - and it´s not the same band - but Christoffer Schou plays the drums in both bands...

Egil - the guitar dude - also has a solo carrier. He plays acoustic folk - with completely fucked up lyrics... Extremly funny, all in norwegian though...

One more thing about Christoffer Schou, he´s famous for being crazy, and he recently released this tv show, where he does a lot of sick stuff - like getting circumcised, and then eats his own foreskin... Pretty sick;)

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram