3/14/2005

so it looks like my favorite graffiti guy, BORF, is getting some backlash around DC, and I'm starting to agree. Unless there are some copycats, it seems like he's getting overexposed, I'm seeing his tags everywhere, and they seem to be declining in quality. I guess it's cool to be all over the city, but I seem at least one or two a block now in Adams Morgan, and I even saw some on North Capitol the other day. DCist has a piece about people getting mad, with some funny comments. My favorite: "Borf is the Strokes of local graffiti."

Here's an example of the overexposure. I found two Borf tags on newspaper boxes on Columbia Road in Adams Morgan:


And here's the distance between them:
. That's like 10 feet. And it's across the street from another big one, which I'll post later.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram