8/24/2005

so my friend "Janevksy" sent this to me (he wants to remain anonymous, thus the alias). It's a crazy article about a messed up high school in Ohio where 65 of the 490 girls are pregnant. I mean, that's a lot of girls, but the rest of the article is even more ridiculous.

"The article reported that some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame."

Video games? Come on.
"Hey Samantha, I got a new video game. Now I want to have a baby with you."
"That sounds good."

But then there's another bizarre quote:
"According to the Canton Health Department, statistics through July show that 104 of the 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center had mothers between 11 and 19."

11?!? What is wrong with this town? I thought girls were gross when I was 11. And looking at the town's newspaper, I also saw these headlines:

Mom reportedly having sex with adopted son and

Shoplifting suspect accused of having meth lab in car.

I don't understand why this town isn't at the top of the Best Places to Live list. If I lived there, I would move. Pro Football Hall of Fame or not.

5 comments:

Edmund said...

They're going to unveil a "three-prong" solution to this?

Isn't a surfeit of prong availability how they ended up in this mess in the first place?

Don Pitz said...

In a previous post, you complain about how you've never seen more obvious product placement. What about "The Wizard", where Fred Savage's autistic brother plays Super Mario 3 in the climax? Or "Tron" which is about the video game "Tron"? Or that part in "The Goonies" where Chunk and Sloth bond over "Baby Ruth" candy bars?

Don Pitz said...

PS. you should link my blog on your blog, like how I do for you.

Andrew W said...

True, but I guess I meant constant rather than obvious. there were so many product places it was retarded. and will do, on the second.

Anonymous said...

Your friend Janevsky sounds like a smart, funny dude.

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram