8/30/2005

so I have been watching CNN pretty much whenever I get a free moment, it's fascinating. They are having a hard time figuring out what's happening in New Orleans, it seems surreal. But I don't remember watching it this much besides the 2000 election and the first Gulf War. I missed this exchange though, between a dude walking his dog and a Fox News reporter, which apparently was reported on Wonkette.com

SHEPARD SMITH: You’re live on FOX News Channel, what are you doing?

MAN: Walking my dogs.

SMITH: Why are you still here? I’m just curious.

MAN: None of your fucking business.

SMITH: Oh that was a good answer, wasn’t it? That was live on international television. Thanks so much for that. You know we apologize.

[snip]

SMITH: "I'm watching two dogs drink out of a glass of ice water, and it's none of my business why they are still here."


But funny stuff aside, NOLA.com, the New Orleans Times-Picayune's website, has good coverage of everthing. I can't even think how much will be salvaged or what. CNN last night and today had interviews with state government people saying there were tons of people on rooftops and so on that they couldn't get to, and they were bringing in lots of helicopters and flat-bottomed boats to pick folks up. And this morning, a reporter in New Orleans was overcome by emotion talking about what she and her crew had seen, people hurt, etc. The Post has a big article on the front page of its website.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram