3/26/2006

so i went to Philadelphia this weekend. I like that city. For one thing, it seems like a city more than DC - big buildings, mixed uses, people on the streets all the time. It's also much less pretentious than DC, and it's more diverse economically - there's a real blue color presence there. One thing I think sums the city up is that DC has tons of Starbucks on every corner, Philly has tons of Dunkin Donuts. The city is also a lot cheaper and has a lot more local flavor - you can't meet somebody and tell right away they're a DC native, but you definitely can with Philadelphia natives. Plus I like cheesesteaks, and they have a much more authentic Chinatown. I also feel like there are cuter girls up there, or at least girls I'd be more interested in - they're less Type A-looking. If only it weren't cold up there.

The weird thing I noticed on the ride up was that the lady next to me on the Greyhound had two cell phones. They were identical phones, and she'd be talking on one then the other would ring and she'd hang up and pick the other one up. Pretty odd. I couldn't tell what she was saying, as she was speaking some other language that I couldn't recognize. It sounded like some kind of creole or something, it was sort of Frenchish and Spanish-ish, but didn't sound Portugese either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO EAGLES!!!

Andrew W said...

QB Eagles is the best. pass to Fred Barnett!

Anonymous said...

i had a dunkin donuts weekend too - i was in boston, and apparently that's where dd is from. more than one every block. also, what you say about the girls there goes double for the boys! i've seriously considered moving.

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram