6/15/2005

so one of my roommates is going to be moving out in August, and my room is tiny anyway, which means I've started to look for a place to live. It's kind of funny, the codes in housing ads. For instance, if a place says "NW DC" without any neighborhood, it means it's really far up there in the middle of nowhere. "Near public transportation" means it's far from the Metro but might be within 10 blocks of a bus stop. Otherwise, it would just say "near Metro." And people tend to exaggerate too, like one place I saw that was on Florida and 1st St NW that said "close to Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, and White House." That's close if you own a helicopter.

1 comment:

shesbitter said...

that's really funny

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram