6/09/2005

so I've been watching a lot of soccer recently, specifically the US national team trying to qualify for the World Cup. I really like the World Cup, one of my most fun memories was the last World Cup. I had just graduated from college and was living in a tiny, hot apartment in Dupont. My job wasn't starting for awhile and I had no responsibilities, so I'd get up at 5 am to watch the World Cup on the Spanish channel, sitting around in my boxers and drinking Busch. Good times.

But anyway, I've seen the last couple US games, a friendly against England (friendly meaning not for the standings), which was a close one, but the US lost 2-1, and a great 3-0 win against Costa Rica. I felt like one of the Europeans you see in commercials watching soccer, I was yelling and stuff when the US scored. But it was exciting, and I found that it's fun to watch soccer, there's like a lot of buildup and when there's a goal, it feels great. Like the Spanish "gooooool" announcers. And there can be some spectacular goals, too. The US is doing well and will probably make the World Cup, but unfortunately, there is a summer break, so the next US soccer match isn't until August.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram