6/02/2005

so in non-Deep Throat related news, they announced a big concert in Philly (and elsewhere around the world) by the organizer of the first Live Aid. It's called Live 8, and the lineup for Philadelphia isn't that great, but it's free, so I'd still like to go. It's July 2 at the Benjamin Franklin Pkwy (where the Art Museum is). Here's the lineup with my snarky comments.

Will Smith (hosting) - might be fun. Iiiin West Philadelphia, born and raised. I hope he plays "Parents Just Don't Understand"
Dave Matthews Band - I can tolerate him
Bon Jovi - eh
Stevie Wonder - awesome. This one I really want to see
Puff Daddy - I bet he's terrible in concert, but it'll be fun to hear all those hits that I forgot.
Jay-Z - looking forward to it
Maroon 5 - awful, terrible. When they go on, I'll be going to lunch or a bar.
Sarah McLachlan - probably pretty good in concert. also is hot.
Keith Urban - some country guy. more like Keith Suburban and Rural
50 Cent - I bet he plays for 5 minutes
Kaiser Chiefs - The only indie band on here. I hope they're good. Hopefully they add some more indie bands.

Whoever runs the website, www.live8.us, sent out an email that says other "persistent rumors" include the Rolling Stones, Black Eyed Peas, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, George Thorogood & the Destroyers, and Robert Plant, all of which I would like to see, especially the Stones, obviously, and Tom Petty. George Thorogood (and the former Delaware Destroyers) I bet are pretty rad in concert too.

2 comments:

Edmund said...

hey Drew, still looking for a roommate? I've got a nibble for you.

Andrew W said...

nah, i found somebody. thanks though

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram