2/13/2006

so I'm watching the Olympics a lot recently, I like it. it's sort of inspirational, plus I like it since sports is on prime time all the time. However, NBC's coverage is kind of messed up I think - for one thing, they are going on and on about figure skating, which I could care less about. And it hasn't even started! I'd rather watch anything else. Ice fishing, lawn mowing, whatever. A lot of the stories are also cheesy and breathless, they're really straining to get nice, heart-warming type stories - talking about how so and so had to fly across the Atlantic to go to the games and things like that. Boo hoo, thousands of people do that every day. And now they're showing the qualifying for the snowboarding, when they showed the finals three hours ago. What's the point of that? Are there no other sports? Oh well, enough complaining.

I do think Shaun White, the snowboarder from the USA, seems like a cool guy. His interview after he won the gold on the halfpipe was neat, he was genuinely really excited and likeable, plus he's unpolished, which is cool. So many times athlete interviews are like "well I gave it my all, my competitors were good, I'm going to have to go out and do my best" blah blah. His was cool though, and showed real emotion, he said something like "this is the best year I've ever had, I don't think I'll ever have anything as great" or something like that. Anyway, it was cool.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram