4/26/2005

so Rae Rae found out some stuff about Figurine, a band I think I wrote about awhile ago. The band is Jimmy Tamborello (aka Dntel, who made the beats for the Postal Service) and a couple other folks (they all have fake names). They used to email each other sound files (also like the Postal Service) and just re-released their first CD, which I had not been able to find anywhere. I bought this weird CD called Global Indie Clubpop on ebay or amazon awhile ago just to get one song by them, "IMpossible," which is amazing. Rae has an mp3 of it on her blog. I've been putting song on my party mixes for awhile, and it's about instant messenging, which is sort of lame, but it's still awesome. And I used to think it sounded like the Postal Service, I guess I know why now. Anyway, check out her post, she has lots of Mp3s and other info about them.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram