4/04/2005

so I saw Sin City yesterday, it was pretty entertaining. There were some corny bits that elicited some chuckles from the crowd, but since the movie was based on comic books (or "graphic novels") I guess that sort of was to be expected. However, it was visually really cool, and Mickey Rourke and Clive Owen were good. Plus there were a lot of attractive ladies, some of whom were naked, so that's nice. Jessica Alba, however, is a pretty bad actress. And I don't really like her anyway, mainly due to a Punk'd episode where she got Punk'd and was pretty mean about it. Oh well. But anyway, I recommend seeing the movie, it was fun. Kind of long though, 2 hours-plus.

In other news, I listen to the classic rock station (94.7, WARW) in the mornings before work, and today I heard "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors. That song is allright, and I remember loving it when I was middle school, but I think it hardly counts as classic rock. I think if something came out during the Clinton administration, it's not classic rock. What's next, "New Age Girl"? (That "Mary Moon, she don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone" song.) It's strange enough hearing U2 or the Police on that station, but at least they're in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, for whatever that's worth. I don't think a song can be classic rock if it was made after 1990. And even before that, a lot of songs shouldn't make the cut.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram