4/19/2005

so I was reading this Post article about the F-22 Raptor fighter jet, which is pretty interesting. What really struck me though, was the name of the Air Force's deputy director of strategic planning: Brig. Gen. S. Taco Gilbert III. First off, how bad is your first name if you go by S. Taco? Does S. stand for "stupid" or "shithead" or something? And I'm not sure that General Taco really strikes fear into the hearts of the enemies: Sherman, Pershing, Patton, Schwartzkopf... and Taco. General Taco sounds like a Mexican food wholesale store. And what is with military dudes with goofy names? I wrote awhile ago about Commander Flex Plexico about, a Navy spokesman. Weird stuff.

The article is pretty interesting though, discussing if this new jet is really necessary. I happen to think it is, as air power is still pretty useful- like in the first Gulf War. But oh well, I'll leave that to General Taco and his cronies to figure out. Like Admiral Burrito and Colonel Mustard.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram