10/31/2005

so I read that Tennessee may offer Elvis license plates. Pretty sweet. I wish I still had a car, since my car had Tennessee plates. Here's the article, and a link to the design of the plate.

Tennessee has some pretty neat (and pretty dumb) vanity plates. I like the Arts ones, which is a cat playing a sax, or a fish. Kind of a funny thing to have on your car. The agriculture one is cool too, and my parents have the Watchable Wildlife and the Retired Air Force one. Most of them are for some charity. Some I have never seen, like Pearl Harbor Survivor and Bosnia Veteran and Enemy Evadee (whatever that is). In fact, the only Google results for Enemy Evadee are Tennessee license plates. Pretty weird. And there must be like 3 people in the state with Pearl Harbor Survivor plates. Here's the page with of all the vanity plates, and apparently a new design for the state plate (upper right of the page.) I like it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. What's up with the Enemy Evadee" license plate? While registering my car (I just moved to Tennessee), I was surpirsed to see this. When I searched for it on Google, I saw the State of Tennessee web site and this blog. What is an enemy evadee?

Andrew W said...

Pretty weird huh. Maybe it's an escaped POW or something. I've never seen one of those plates in person, I know that.

Unknown said...

By the DoD and Veteran's Affairs rules, it's someone who what shot down, parachuted into or was captured and taken behind enemy lines, but managed to escape from harm. Escaped POW's, elite teams and rescue-retrieval squads that go across friendly lines count as well. The DoD is a bit wishy washy about the latter, they may have to end up being "trapped" and later escaping to officially count as Evadees. I wish I still had access to the paperwork where I found that info, but it's been a while. Stumbled across her by accident. lol

I know it's been several years since you posted, but the Tennessee license plate thing got to me, so I looked it up and requested info and definitions. Like I said, wish I still could get to it so I could quote it.

Unknown said...

Err, stumbled across HERE by accident. Oops.

Oh well, probably doesn't matter since the original is a 4 year old post. LOL

Andrew W said...

Hey, thanks for the info! Good to learn.

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram