5/04/2005

so Weezer has some songs from their upcoming CD at their Myspace page, and starting at 3:01 am tomorrow (thurs) they'll have the entire new album, which is cool.

I think I might be outgrowing Weezer or something. I usually consider them my favorite band, and their first CD is spectacular, one of my top two CDs (the other being Daft Punk's Homework). However, their recent CDs are ok, and these songs are very blah. I never really considered them emo before, but these songs really sound like the cheesy stupid teen emo that's on MTV now. They're less annoying, but the lyrics are pretty blah. The music is decent, but I want something more from them. Come on, rhyming "All I have to do is swing and I'll be a hero, but I'm a zero"? How lame is that. And then talking about "I just can't get no play." I really hope this song ("Perfect Situation") is supposed to be from the point of view of a sad 15 year-old, and not Rivers' actual feelings, because then it's inane. And the other song I'd heard by them, "Beverly Hills," was atrocious. It sounds like it was written by an ad agency for a Pepsi commercial. I dunno. They have yet impress me.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram