4/09/2006

so I went to see the Dada exhibit at the National Gallery of Art this weekend, it was really good. It told me a lot about the art and where it came from, and it really made me wonder why a similar movement isn't going on now - the Dada movement came up because of the disillusionment and cyncism after the first world war. To me, this is happening now - politicians are talking about things, but they're not really getting better, and so much is happening, but not much really gets done. A lot of the art in the exhibit could easy have made sense if it was made right now, which really struck me. I'm sure there are some artists doing this sort of thing now, but it doesn't seem like a movement, and nobody is seeming to notice it. It's weird. Are we that apathetic?

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram