3/14/2004

so it amazes me how many people have never heard of a slap bracelet. i work at a museum gift shop on the weekends and we sell lots of jewelry, from fancy expensive stuff to cheap stuff like slap bracelets. the ones we have are wrapped in plastic, like a bag, and people pick them up, turn them over and fiddle with them for a few minutes before asking me "what's this?" i reply "were you around in the early nineties?" actually i tell them it's a slap bracelet, and most of the time they look at me blankly and say "what's that?" so i demonstrate it, and they say "oh, that's weird." the last lady i showed one to bought it, but then didn't take it out of the plastic and wore it out of the store. I guess people forget fads easily.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram