1/14/2004

so I got this thing from the snack machine today called a “Cookies &” bar. I wanted a Snickers, but both things with Snickers weren’t working, so that sucks. Anyway, this Cookies & thing is like a shortbread cookie with some candy on top, this one has the insides of a Snickers on it. Other ones have baby M&Ms or Kit Kat stuff on top of the cookie thing. It’s ok, sort of tastes like a crunchy Snickers or whatever. Anyway, I was looking at the wrapper for this thing, and it has the slogan “Perfect for those times when a cookie is not enough and candy is too much!” I mean, does that time really occur that much?

“Hey man, what time is it?”
“It’s one of those times when a cookie is not enough and candy is too much.”
“Shit! I'm late!”

I really doubt there are people sitting around thinking "gee, i am hungry, but a cookie is not enough and a candy is too much. if only there were some middle food!!" And anyway, it seems to me that a cookie is more food than candy, especially since you usually eat more than one cookie, right? Well, I do, unless it’s one of those enormous ones with the one foot diameter that costs 4 dollars. So the dumb slogan should be vice versa, “perfect for those times when candy is not enough and a cookie is too much” if they are really trying to hit this massive demand for food items between cookies and candy. I mean I saw the petition drive and the protests at Snickers corporate headquarters, but I never thought they'd cave this easily.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram