6/24/2003

so what I think is funny is when people add "-ology" to something to make it sound like a serious occupation. "mixology" is a good example, the "science" of making drinks. I mean, making drinks is definitely a skill, but I think it hardly qualifies as a science. I don't think there are too many graduate programs in mixology around, and it's not as if mixologists are discovering important new things. "The Nobel Prize goes to Chad Roccogrande from Big Ed's in Paramus, New Jersey for his discovery of how to mix Kahlua and schnapps." I play video games a lot, am I a videogamologist? The same thing goes for ufology, the study of UFOs. People definitely study that, but once again, not a science. and even if it is a science, i think they need a new name for it, since I think most sciences aren't just a word plus "-ology". It's called geology, not rockology.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram