8/26/2011

I am officially out of touch

so I think that time has finally arrived: I'm out of touch. This person who I've never heard of has a song I've never heard, and it has 135 million views on Youtube. One would assume that means she's a big star?



I don't see why. The song is pretty blah. But I wonder if there's something else? Does her 135 million views mean she's more popular than artists with fewer views? That seems impossible. Maybe Youtube is so popular that it's basically like listening to radio for people, especially since MTV doesn't play videos anymore. Maybe there's people who are on here watching her song over and over. Or is there some way to cheat the system? That would be a pretty clever thing to do if you're a record company.

In any case, I like this video better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please help me for Christ sake

Andrew W said...

??

Fashion Obsessed said...

No way i loveee jessie jay, her songs are amazing and shes so popular. Yeah the people who have viewed this video might have watched it more than once but they wouldnt try to get her more views.
@planetsox

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram