11/02/2009

Violence in sports drives me crazy

so I just read about this: a player for the University Florida football team purposely gouged a Georgia guy in the eye. He got suspended one half of one game, against Vanderbilt, a pretty crummy team, so that's hardly a severe punishment.

That kind of stuff drives me crazy, these guys should get kicked off the team and/or banned from football. There was also a star running back for Oregon who sucker punched a Boise State player after the game and was suspended, but might be reinstated, and Albert Haynesworth for the Titans who stomped on a guy's face, and is still playing.

Now I like football, and it's a rough game. Big hits are OK with me as long as they're legal and serve an actual football purpose. This kind of garbage, however, really makes me mad, and it's insane that they get off so easy.

Here's the Florida video.

1 comment:

DanGo said...

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to draw a line between the actions of LeGarrette Blount and Brandon Spikes.

Urban Meyer has upped the suspension to the entirety of the Vanderbilt game, for what it's worth.

I think this outlines the difference between Pac-10 football and SEC football.

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram