1/08/2007

so Akon is apparently a pretty funny guy. He's a Senegalese-American rapper who I like, and in interviews he's been saying his name is "Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam." That's long, but not unusual, as some people from Africa have really long names, like Dikembe Mutombo, for example. However, on his Wikipedia page people have been saying that "Damala bouga time" means "I want to fuck you" in Wolof, a language he speaks. So it seems that he's playing a big joke on people, since I'm sure nobody interviewing him speaks Wolof. I like it.

No comments:

Cool shirts, hats and sweatshirts from Shirtgood!

I also run Shirtgood, an awesome shop with designs featuring DC, baseball, the Nationals, funny stuff and more, check it out: Shirtgood. Follow Shirtgood on Facebook and Instagram